Our top tips to keep your windows and doors in the best condition
- That you carry out routine maintenance on your windows, doors and/or conservatory at least twice a year. In areas of high exposure, you may want to do this more frequently.
- All parts of your windows and doors that are exposed when closed, should be washed down with warm soapy water using a soft cloth, then dried thoroughly.
- You avoid any cleaning agents that contain ammonia or are abrasive, particularly on handles and other metal fittings.
- Special attention is paid to keep drainage channels clear and free from any blockages.
- Any parts that are exposed when the window and doors are open should simply be wiped clean, removing any grime, dirt, insect remains or old lubricant.
- That you use a suitable acid and resin-free grease on sliding bars, gears and face plates.
- Maintenance of friction stays is important and we recommend that you follow the guidelines for lubrication and adjustment.
- That you apply light oil to keep the locking mechanism in good working order.